GOD'S REMEDY TO BUSY-NESS
Psalm 127:2 - "It is senseless for you to work so hard from early morning until late at night... God wants his loved ones to get their proper rest."
- Psalm 23:2
- "He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters."
- R-"Realize my Worth"
- E-"Enjoy what I already have"
- L-"Limit my Labor"
- A-"Adjust my Values"
- X-"eXchange my pressure for God's peace"
REALIZE MY WORTH
- James 1:18 - "God decided to give us life through the word of truth so we might be the most important of all the things he made."
- Matthew 6:26 - "... your heavenly Father feeds the (sparrows). And you are far more valuable to him than they are."
ENJOY WHAT I ALREADY HAVE
- Eccl. 3:13 - "All of us should... enjoy what we have worked for. It is God's gift."
- Eccl. 4:6 - "It's better to have only a little, with peace of mind, than be busy all the time..."
LIMIT MY LABOR
- Eccl. 10:15 - "Only someone too stupid to find his way home would wear himself out with work!"
- Exodus 20:9-10 - "You have six days in which to do your work, but the 7th day is to be a day of rest dedicated to Me."
- Mark 2:27 - "The Sabbath was made to benefit man."
ADJUST MY VALUES
- Eccl. 4:4 - "I've learned why people work so hard to succeed; it is because they envy the things their neighbors have.“
- Mark 8:36 - "What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?"
eXCHANGE MY PRESSURE WITH GOD’S PEACE
- Psalm 23:2 - "He makes me lie down."
- Matthew 11:28-29
- "Come to me, all of you who are tired and have heavy loads, and I will give you rest... the load I give you to carry is light."
- Realize my worth
- Enjoy what I already have
- Limit my labor
- Adjust my values
- eXchange my pressure for God’s peace