- -NKJV Translation: No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
- -Living Bible Translation: The wrong desires that come into your life aren't anything new and different. Many others have faced exactly the same problems before you. And no temptation is irresistible... God will show you how to escape...
GOD’S SIX WAYS TO ESCAPE TEMPTATIONS
1. Resolve to keep the standard.
Psalm 119:9 (ESV) - How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word.
2. Maintain your marriage.
"... rejoice in your wife. Let her charms and tender embrace satisfy you. Let her love alone fill you with delight."
Prov. 5:18-19 (LB)
3. Manage your mind.
"Temptation is the pull of our own evil thoughts and wishes. These ... thoughts lead to evil actions..." James 1:14-15
"Anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.”
4. Monitor your media intake.
"The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole being will be full of light. But if bad ... full of darkness!"
David: "I will set before my eyes no vile things." Psalm 101:3
"Run from anything that gives you evil thoughts, but stay close to anything that makes you want to do right."
2 Timothy 2:22
5. Minimize the opportunities.
"Keep watch, and pray so that you will not fall into temptation."
"Bad company corrupts good character."
1 Corinthians 15:33
6. Magnify the consequences.
"This is God's will for you: He wants you to be holy and completely free from immorality, ... the Lord will punish those who do such wrongs."
1 Thessalonians 4:3,6
"Blessed is the one who perseveres under temptation, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the victor's crown, the life God has promised to those who love Him."
SIX WAYS TO ESCAPE TEMPTATIONS:
1.Resolve to keep the standard.
2.Maintain your marriage.
3.Manage your mind.
4.Monitor your media intake.
5.Minimize the opportunities.
6.Magnify the consequences.